Add Games To Schedule
This page has been provided as an aid for adding games to game schedules. The process of adding games is also illustrated by clicking here.
Steps for adding games to a schedule.
- Start at the adidas College Soccer Scoreboard home page (scoreboard.nscaa.com)
- In the "Find Team by Team Name" section, enter the first few characters of the name of your team in the team box, select the gender, and press the GO button. (search argument examples:):
- "st joh" for St. John's University,
- "uk" for The University of Kentucky,
- "virginia" for a list of schools with Virginia in the school name,
- "UGA" for the University of Georgia,
- "Cle" for Clemson University,
- "chica" for a list of schools located in Chicago or with Chicago in the school name.
- Returned will be a list of teams that satisfy the search argument.
- Click the "'07" link to the left of your team. The desired team schedule page will be returned.
- On the schedule page, click on the link labeled "Update Game Schedule".
- Returned will be a page for your ID and password - enter them and press the Continue button
- If your ID is valid for the school, returned will be a "Main Menu/School Information page". Press the "Update '07 Game Schedule" button on that page.
- Returned will be a page with several selections. Press the "Add Games" button.
- The "Maintain Schedule" page will be returned with a form for adding games.
- Add the game date in column 1 of the form.
- In column 2 of the form, add either the 4 digit school number or the name of the opponent in the box under the red Continue.
Examples: "st john" for St. John's University, "uk" for University of Kentucky, "virginia" will return a list of schools with Virginia in the school name, uga will return The University of Georgia
- As is the case with finding a school (above) it is best to enter only the first several characters of the opponent's name or
- In many cases, the alpha characters for the school can be entered (IU, UAB, NC, UCLA,..) or
- The first few characters of the city a school is located can be entered as well.
- Press the Continue button in the last column of the form.
- Returned will be a page listing the schools that match the search argument. If "uab" had been entered then the returned page would contain only The University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Select the opponent by pressing the button to the left of the desired team. Note that the button contains the SIS assigned school number (SNO).
- The "Maintain Schedule" page will be returned. Note that the school number of the desired team is retuned to the form in column 2 and the team name is cleared. If the school number had been known it could have been entered initially and the previous steps could have been bypassed.
- The game time and site are selected and the Continue button is pressed.
- Returned will be a "Validate Game" page. This page provides a visual check of the game that was just entered. If all is OK, the "Save This Game" button is pressed. If changes need to be made, the browser's back button is pressed, corrections are made and this validation page is invoked once again.
- When all the data for the game is OK, the "Save This Game" button is pressed.
- A fresh copy of the "Maintain Schedule" page will be returned. Repeat the previous steps until all games have been entered.
- At any time during the process a list of the games that have been entered can be reviewed by pressing the "Review/Submit Changes" button. If a game has been entered in error or contains errors it can be delete by pressing the "Delete Changes" button. Deleted games can then be re-entered if necessary.
- After all games have been entered, press the "Review/Submit Changes" button.
- A list of the entered games will be returned for a final review.
- If all is OK, press the "Submit to SIS for posting" button.
- When you return to the game schedule page, press the browsers "refresh" button and you will see the games that you entered listed on the game schedule.
- Note: Entry order of the games is not important.